The position requires a 20-hour per week employment commitment throughout the semester (16 weeks) and pays a $6728 stipend with fee remission of 12 credits and health insurance.
Duties of the Outreach GA include, but are not limited to:
- Administering the A/V and other collections in the REEI Library
- Ordering for the A/V and other collections in the REEI Library
- Creation and dissemination of promotional materials
- Writing articles on outreach activities for REEI newsletter
- Attendance, planning, coordination of Outreach activities
- Compilation of outreach statistics
- General office work
- Other duties as assigned
Applications for the GAship should include:
- Graduate assistantship application
- Three letters of recommendation. Two new recommendations should address the student’s abilities to meet the demands of the GAship. The remaining reference may be on file if written by an IU faculty member within the last 18 months.
- Current transcript of IU graduate work (may be obtained from your home department graduate secretary. OneStart transcripts are acceptable).
- Current CV/resume.
- Statement of 1,000 words or less, describing educational goals, career interests and plans, and any qualifications for the position with specific reference to the following:
- Writing and editing experiences (newsletters, reports, reviews, etc.)
- Computer experience (software, web skills, etc.)
- Office skills
- Presentations (lectures, displays, film showings, etc.)
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of library materials
- Languages and level of proficiency (reading, writing, speaking, listening – some preference given to applicants with good knowledge of Russian; knowledge of other East European languages is also helpful)
- Overseas experience
Applications are available in REEI and online. Applications should be submitted to Marianne Davis, Graduate Secretary, BH 565, firstname.lastname@example.org, 855-3869. Marianne will obtain any IU transcripts. Applicants for GA positions may be contacted to arrange for an interview with the REEI senior staff.