REEI offers funding for graduate assistants. Positions require a 20-hour per week employment commitment. In return, graduate assistants receive a stipend of at least $12,100 and fee remission for up to 30 credit hours per year. These awards are contingent upon receipt of funds from the US Department of Education.
New applicants are not as competitive for graduate assistantships as returning students unless they have had significant previous experience in newsletter publication or web design.
Applications for the GAship should include:
- Graduate assistantship application
- Three letters of recommendation. Two new recommendations should address the student’s abilities to meet the demand of the GAship. The remaining reference may be on file if written by an IU faculty member within the last 18 months.
- Current transcript of IU graduate work (may be obtained from your home department graduate secretary. OneStart transcripts are acceptable).
- Current CV/resume.
- Statement of 1,000 words or less, describing educational goals, career interests and plans, and any qualifications for the position with specific reference to the following:
- writing and editing (newsletters, reports, reviews).
- computer experience (software, web skills, etc.).
- office skills.
- presentations (lectures, displays, showing of films).
- organizational skills.
- knowledge of library materials.
- languages and level (reading, writing, oral).
- overseas experience.
Applications are available in REEI and online. Application deadline is February 1 of each year. Applicants for GA positions may be contacted to arrange for an interview with the REEI senior staff. Applications should be submitted to Emily Liverman, BH 561, firstname.lastname@example.org.