The purpose of the annual awards, presented by the Commission on Multicultural Understanding (COMU), is to honor individuals who actively support, participate in, or encourage the exploration of cultural diversity in and around the Indiana University, Bloomington campus.
Each year, COMU honors five individuals and one program with its COMU Awards. The COMU awards, created in 1986, are given in recognition of those actively supporting, participating in or encouraging the exploration of cultural diversity in and around the Indiana University Bloomington campus. Nominations for the 2012 COMU Awards will be accepted no later than 5pm on March 8, 2013. Please consider nominating a student or colleague for these awards.
There are six award categories
Please follow these guidelines when making your nominations:
- You may use this form to nominate one person for each individual category. Include as much pertinent information as possible, such as nominee’s title, class standing, department, address, and phone number.
- Briefly outline any achievements, contributions, or qualities, which you feel make the nominee the best candidate to receive the award. Feel free to reference specific occasions in which the candidate exemplified cultural diversity leadership or events and activities of the organization for the program award.
- Include any additional comments which you feel will help in the selection process; feel free to forward supporting documentation such as letters of reference from other individuals who have worked with the nominee and information regarding other work this person/program has done, etc.
- For individual awards, we ask that you nominate individuals who are volunteers in their efforts as opposed to those who receive a pre-arranged benefit such as a grade or wages for providing a service. However, we acknowledge that there are individuals who go beyond the expectations in a pre-arranged situation, and we are happy to receive such nominations. Please include rationale in your nomination.
- All nominations should be typed or clearly printed on the reverse side of these instructions, with any supplemental information attached. Nominations may also be sent via email; please include all requested information.
- Past COMU Award recipients are ineligible to receive the award. Click here to view the past COMU Award Recipients.
Nomination Forms COMU strongly encourages nominations to be submitted online. However, if you prefer to submit a nomination on paper, please remember that the deadline for all COMU nominations is March 8, 2013. Click here to nominate an individual or program using the online form. Click here to nominate an individual or program using the paper form.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org