This position is only for students who are eligible for Federal financial aid (generally limited to US citizens).
The Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures is seeking a student with superior computer skills whose job description includes preparing/editing the Department’s annual lectures, Departmental Newsletter, and sending out materials to our Alumni mailing list. This candidate must also be able to assist in constructing, editing, and updating the Departmental website. The right candidate for this position must be willing to work as a team member.
- Excellent writing and editing skills are required
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Publisher
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Responsible for management of all matters connected with the two annual NELC lectures, including preparing programs and invitations, promoting the events, assisting with the receptions, maintaining our Alumni/Donor list
- Assistance in obtaining manuscripts of papers from lecturers, and editing and preparing for publication
- Design and preparation of NELC newsletter
- Assisting Departmental Chair, Departmental Coordinator and other administrative staff as directed/needed
- Performance of various Departmental duties as needed, including (but not limited to) photocopying, handling confidential materials, sorting/retrieving mail, answering phones, basic office reception services
- The Work Study position requires 15 hours per week
- Includes fee remission and stipend
Applicants should submit a cover letter and C.V. to the following:
Connie Sue May/Departmental Coordinator
NELC GWS Applications
Goodbody Hall Room 214
1011 East Third Street
Bloomington, Indiana 47405
OR EMAIL: email@example.com
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Preference in hiring is given to graduate students in related area study and/or familiarity in a language of the area and publishing experience.
*All applicants must complete the FAFSA and be deemed eligible to receive Federal Graduate Work Study Assistance. Please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance, Franklin Hall 208 (812-855-0321) for information.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 11, 2013