The East Asian Studies Center now has 1-2 outreach assistant positions available.
The outreach assistant will assist with our professional development programs for K-12 teachers, as well as outreach to K-12 students and the general public. The successful candidate must commit to working 20 hours per week as soon as possible through the end of July 2015. This position doesn’t carry tuition remission.
The pay is $14.25 per hour.
Applications accepted until Aug 8, 2014, or until position is filled.
- Assists the EASC Outreach Coordinator with East Asia-related outreach activities, primarily for K-12 educators and the general public
- Manages and maintains program participants’ files
- Enters participants’ information into the database
- Helps recruit participants for outreach programs
- Assists in processing payments for participants, instructors, and guest speakers
- Makes logistical arrangements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program at Indiana University Bloomington
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Computer literacy
- Sensitivity to the needs of the program participants
- Ability to work well with faculty and staff in a diverse, multicultural environment
- Knowledge of East Asia is preferred but not required
To apply: Email a cover letter, a resume, and a list of three references to Cathy Gao at email@example.com. Please indicate on the cover letter how you were informed about the position.