“In the 50 years since its founding, the White House Fellows Program has helped prove that those who love their country can change it. Our Nation needs your drive and talent, and we hope you consider applying to the program.”
– President Obama and Mrs. Obama –
WHAT IS THE WHITE HOUSE FELLOWS PROGRAM?
Fifty years ago, President Lyndon B. Johnson established the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships and over the course of nine presidential administrations the nonpartisan White House Fellows program has become the nation’s premier fellowship for public service and leadership. The program’s mission is to expose Fellows to first-hand, high-level experience in the Federal government. The program consists of a full-time work placement in the offices of Cabinet Secretaries, senior White House staff, and other high-ranking Administration officials. During a year in Washington, DC, Fellows also participate in a robust education program designed to provide a behind-the-scenes look into the inner workings of the Federal government. It is an extraordinary year that yields a lifetime of rewards. Learn more about the White House Fellows program here.
APPLY TO BE A FELLOW!
Please mark your calendars for November 2, 2015 – the date that the 2016-2017 application will be LIVE!
RECRUIT THE NEXT FELLOWS!
Each fall, we are honored to welcome a new class of White House Fellows and accelerate our efforts to recruit applicants for the next class. We invite you and/or your organization to join in our efforts and know that your support will allow us to reach remarkable leaders all over the country. Here are 5 Easy Things You Can Do to help us recruit Fellows:
1. Engage One-on-One. Identify exceptional individuals who could become White House Fellows and encourage them to apply.
2. Send an Email. Please share information about the White House Fellows program to your professional and social networks.
3. Utilize Social Media. Post messages promoting the program to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. using #WHFellows #BecomeaWHF
4. Sponsor an Event. Please consider hosting an informational session, panel, or reception to present the program; to the extent possible, White House Fellows program staff will lend support and provide background materials.
5. Leverage Earned Media. As a thought leader in your community, we invite you to submit op-eds, contribute to news stories, and/or author blog posts to share your experiences with the White House Fellows program.
Thank you for your help. Please let us know if you have questions. We know that your support will allow the White House Fellows program to stay strong for another 50 years!
Jennifer Yeager Kaplan, Director
President’s Commission on White House Fellowships
main: 202-395-4522 | direct: 202-395-7474
To view the NAFA [SCHLRSHP] listserv archives or to unsubscribe from the listserv, click on (or type) http://listserv.uark.edu/archives/schlrshp.html.