Yiddish Book Center’s Steiner Summer Yiddish Program is a seven-week intensive class in Amherst, Massachusetts. Applications are due by February 8, 2016.
The renowned program accepts eighteen students, who spend seven weeks at the Center learning from top scholars, immersing themselves in Yiddish language and culture, building a community of yiddishkayt, and forming lasting friendships.
About the program:
- Program dates are June 5-July 22, 2016.
- All students accepted to the program receive full-tuition scholarships and are eligible for college credits through the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- The program features beginner and intermediate tracks that include three hours of language instruction every morning and an array of Yiddish cultural programs and social activities, including film screenings, workshops, concerts, and a trip to New York.
- In the afternoon, beginner students take an introductory course in Yiddish culture and history, while students in the intermediate track work on the Center’s ongoing projects in exchange for free housing and a $1,000 stipend.
- The deadline for applications is February 8, 2016.
For more information, contact:
Education Program Assistant
Yiddish Book Center
1021 West Street | Amherst, MA 01002
(413) 256-4900 x144