The Center for the Study of Global Change is looking to hire a graduate student for an hourly position starting immediately through summer 2018.
The Program Assistant will spearhead the relaunch of the Center’s Muslim Voices project, which has striven to create a lively global dialogue about the diversity of Islam and Muslim experiences that crosses intercultural and interreligious divides. The relaunch will consist of two main components: assisting with the creation of a new Muslim Voices website that aims to be a forum for public scholarship (using IU’s Web Content Management System framework) and maintaining/expanding Muslim Voices vibrant social media presence (Twitter, Facebook). The Program Assistant will work collaboratively with the Director and Assistant Director of the Global Center, the Muslim Voices editorial board, and the web site manager for the School of Global & International Studies.
The ideal candidate is a responsible graduate student with an understanding of contemporary issues in Muslim studies and solid organizational skills, who can work independently and in a group. Hours per week vary, but will typically be 10-15. Flexible schedule, some hours expected between 9-5 during Monday-Friday. Pay is $15/hr.
• Previous experience working with IU’s wcms or similar web publishing platform
• Conceptualize, develop, and organize web pages
• Problem solving skills; good organization and time management skills; work well with a wide range of people; sound judgment
• Knowledge of trends in social media and a basic understanding of social media marketing and communications metrics
• Personal or academic experience with Islam or Muslim life
To apply, candidates should send
• a cover letter
• a resume/CV
• optional writing sample or example of web/social media skills
Completed application materials should be submitted electronically to Eli Konwest, Assistant Director of the Center for the Study of Global Change, by e-mail (email@example.com) by February 9, 2018. Review of applications will begin immediately and considered on a rolling basis.