Diversity, Equity, Multicultural Affairs Graduate Assistant Program
Position available for 2017-2018 Academic Year
Position Title: Alumni and Communications Assistant, Graduate Assistant Work-Study
Department: Community and School Partnerships, BL-CRRI
Position Description: Reporting to the Director of Community and School Partnerships (CSP), the Alumni and Communications Assistant serves as a liaison to the IU Alumni Association (IUAA) sharing information with their board and alumni membership. This position assists the internal department responsible for marketing and communication in areas of website and social media content. The position provides administrative and programming assistance with initiatives, programs, and events intended to engage alumni and parents in the programs and resources offered by CSP.
Compensation: Monthly stipend, a 30 credit hour fee remission (12 per semester, and 6 during the summer), and health insurance
Education: Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field. Actively enrolled and in good standing as a fulltime student in a graduate degree program at Indiana University-Bloomington.
Experience: One year of marketing and communications experience required; two years preferred. One-year experience using Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Requires knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheet/ word processing/desktop publishing software;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Ability to work with wide range of people and respect diversity;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to problem solve and present potential solutions to challenges that arise;
- Ability to handle uneven workflow and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently (self-motivated) and to work cooperatively in a team environment;
- Dependability and flexibility;
- Ability to develop a work plan to create deliverables and timelines for projects;
- Ability to commit to working scheduled hours. Regular attendance is a condition of employment.
Note: Must qualify for Federal Graduate Work Study funding, as will be announced by the Bloomington Office of Student Financial Assistance (BOSFA) on July 1, 2017. Must fill out a FAFSA form (https://fafsa.ed.gov/ ) for the 2017-2018 academic year. The deadline to submit the FAFSA is March 10, 2017.
To apply: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Graduate Assistant Work study position” in the subject line. Application deadline is March 24, 2017.