Deadline extended – APPLICATIONS being accepted NOW
The Department of East Asian Languages Cultures invites applications for Japanese AI-ships for the academic year 2019-20. We are looking for doctoral students who are proficient in Japanese and are interested in teaching the Japanese language. Master’s students in College of Arts and Sciences may also apply.
The responsibilities as an Associate Instructor (AI) include the following:
- Teach 2 drill sections (50 mins each) three times a week (MWF) (*You are expected to interact with students only in Japanese)
- Attend and observe 50-minute lecture sections twice a week (TR)
- Complete AI orientation (usually for a few days up to a week, before the fall semester starts)
- Attend weekly AI meetings
- Conduct weekly office hours
- Grade assignments, quizzes, exams, etc.
- Enter grades
- Proctor spoken and written exams
Full AI positions (teaching 2 sections in a semester) pay a monthly stipend and include tuition remission at the rate of approximately 90% of College of Arts and Sciences tuition for up to 12 credits a semester.
Please submit all the application materials, including the application form, a one-page statement, a copy of your CV/résumé, teaching evidence, two letters of recommendation by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Non-native speakers of English must also pass Test of English Proficiency for Associate Instructor Candidates (TEPAIC) unless they have previously.
The application form and more information can be found at https://ealc.indiana.edu/graduate/funding/index.html
For additional information please contact Nozomi Tanaka, Japanese Language Program Coordinator at email@example.com