The Kelley IIB is now hiring Team Mentors for the Business is Global: Summer Language Program (BIG) – July 3-16, 2016
Description: The IIB is looking for several undergraduate students to serve as mentors for the team project component for our summer program: Business is Global (BIG).
Team Mentors for BIG will serve as a mentor for a team of 4-5 high school students participating in a two-week summer program on campus at IUB. BIG is a summer program for rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors who are interested in experiencing the intersection of business, language, and culture. The curriculum of the program is based on the X170 course model, so familiarity with X170 or the Business Model Canvas is helpful (but not required). During the program, participants will be divided into teams of approximately five students, assigned a country, and asked to prepare a business plan tailored to their country using the Business Model Canvas. The teams will present their business plan and advice for doing business in their assigned country to a panel of judges on the final day of the program, Saturday, July 16.
Job Responsibilities: Team Mentors will serve as academic mentors and facilitators to the program students as they work on their projects. It is the duty of the Team Mentor to advise the students as they research their countries, prepare their business plans, and practice their final presentations. Program students will likely have no experience in putting together a formal business presentation, creating a business plan, or working on a team in a competitive academic setting. The Team Mentors are there help fill in the blanks and facilitate smooth teamwork, NOT to do the work for the students.
Mentoring sessions will take place in the afternoons and last around 90 minutes each. There will be an extended session on Friday, July 15 from 2:30 pm—5:00 pm.
Additionally, all Mentors will be required to attend one mandatory training session (before the end of the spring semester).
• A graduate or undergraduate IU student
• Must pass a complete background check
• Available for the days and times required by the position
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• No substantial university judicial record
• Excellent communication and information-organization skills
• Experience giving presentations in front of an audience
• Ability to work effectively in a group and foster team unity
Kelley Institute for International Business Team Mentor Duties & Expectations
• Relevant experiences (business, business planning, business presentations, social entrepreneurship, international business, etc.)
• Student with a business, nonprofit, or social enterprise background
• Familiarity with the Business Model Generation Canvas
• Experience advising or working with high school or undergraduate students
• Leadership skills
• High level of responsibility and energy
There are multiple vacant hourly student positions available in the Kelley IIB this summer. If you are interested please contact Emily Bagienski, Program Manager, at 812-855-5749 or email@example.com.
Please click on the link and the see the attached flyer for more information on how to applyIIB Team Mentor Hiring Flyer2016 Team Mentor Duties and Hiring Advertisement-FILLABLE