Job title: Russian Language Copy Editor / Alternate Media Production Assistant
Pay Rate: $15.00 / Hour
Start date: ASAP
End date: July 27, 2018
Positions available: 2
Evening / Weekend hours: Not required
Hours / week: 10 – 20
Work Study: No
Department: UITS Assistive Technology and Accessibility Center (https://atac.iu.edu/)
Location: Third floor of the Wells Library, West tower, Suite W305
How to Apply: Contact Brian Richwine at email@example.com. In your email, please use the subject line “Russian Language Copy Editor / Alternate Media Production Assistant”.
Job description: Join the editing team at the Assistive Technology and Accessibility Center (ATAC – atac.iu.edu) in their role of supporting students, faculty, and staff with disabilities to be successful at Indiana University. We work to make sure books, documents, PowerPoints, and other course materials are accessible and usable for individuals with disabilities.
Successful candidates will be assisting the conversion of Level 1 Russian course materials into accessible e-text and braille materials for a student that is blind.
Shift times: The ATAC’s normal office hours are M-F 8 AM – 7 PM. Typical shifts are 2-4 hours at a time.
- Learn and master accessible Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF file creation
- Edit Russian+English Microsoft PowerPoint and Word documents according to the ATAC’s accessible document creation standards
- Describe images to a high standard of English language proficiency according to Diagram Center’s Image Description guidelines: (http://diagramcenter.org/table-of-contents-2.html)
- Track work and organize tasks in an Excel spreadsheet
- Excellent verbal and written (typed) Russian and English language communication skills
- Graduate students preferred; Undergraduates with GPA of 3.0 or above welcome to apply
- Efficient and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with a minimum of supervision
- Available to work a minimum of two daytime shifts within the work week