Visiting Bloomington and Don’t Know Where to Eat?

If you are planning to visit Bloomington this year, you are in for a real treat! Bloomington has almost every cuisine possible including Thai, Turkish, Cajun, Mediterranean, Japanese and more. One of my favorite restaurants is Anatolia, a Turkish restaurant in town. Their red lentil soup is amazing! It is also extremely affordable. Check out their website here:

Another Bloomington favorite is Scotty’s. This American grill has the best fried pickles I’ve ever had! To be fair, I’d never had fried pickles (also known as dill chips) before I moved to Indiana, however, they are a must have when you come to visit Bloomington. Here’s the link to their website:

Bloomington is also extremely vegetarian friendly, so there is plenty to eat for everyone. The Farm ( and the Owlery ( are some of my favorite vegetarian spots. I’ve been a vegetarian for the last 16 years and I have never had an issue eating in Bloomington. Even if you are not at a vegetarian restaurant, there is usually something on the menu you can eat.

If you are interested in other Bloomington restaurants, check out Visit Bloomington. There is a lot of valuable information about restaurants and other activities in Bloomington. Here’s the link: