Intramurals at IU

There are a lot of different ways to get involved being a grad student here at IU. One of the activities my cohortmates and I have been doing for the last two years is participating in intramural sports. All grad students are able to participate in intramurals, so it is not just for undergrads! You might be concerned with fitting intramurals into your schedule, but most seasons are only 4-5 games (about once a week for the season). IU offers many different intramurals including volleyball, basketball, dodgeball, kickball and more! I play for the HESA Hotshots and below is a short clip of our game yesterday:

Intramurals is a great way to meet other students and bond with current grad students. If some of your friends are not as athletic, they can always come and support the team. We had about 10 fans yesterday and everyone had a blast! Intramurals are also a great way to let off steam from a busy week of work and class. I always find it helpful to take a break from studying and do something fun and have found great enjoyment through playing volleyball. Dodgeball is starting up soon and I’m looking forward another great HESA Hotshot season of intramurals! If you are interested in checking out more information about intramurals, here is the Rec Sports website: http://www.iurecsports.org/intramural_sports

Team Photo: