Thanksgiving in Bloomington

Thinking about attending IU, but concerned you cannot go home for Thanksgiving or other holidays? No problem! The Bloomington community has a number of activities during Thanksgiving that keeps everyone busy! Bloomington Bagel Company has their annual Turkey Trot 5k in the morning, followed by bagels for breakfast. Mother Bear’s, a local pizza joint, has free Thanksgiving pizza for everyone during the day. It is a thick crust pizza, with mashed potatoes as the “sauce,” turkey and stuffing on top, baked to a level of deliciousness you would never believe came from a pizza with mashed potatoes. My friends and I went to try this Bloomington Thanksgiving tradition and were not disappointed. Check out the picture below:

The great thing about staying on campus for Thanksgiving is that you are never alone. About 20 of my cohort mates went to our program director’s house for dinner. It was great being surrounded by my “surrogate” family on Thanksgiving and made the holiday go by much faster. Here’s an action shot of my peers mingling at dinner: