Spring Break or Vacation?

Deciding to spend spring break in Bloomington was a tough decision. I wasn’t sure what the campus would be like without students.  Did I want to go home? Well, going home would cost $350 in airfare alone, so that option was out.  There was a student affairs conference in Arizona, but I didn’t have $1000+ to make that trip happen.  I could stay in Bloomington to work and make money that I would have spent going somewhere – bingo!

After a lot of thought, I ended up staying in Bloomington and working.  This ended up being the best decision I could have made for myself.  Bloomington is AMAZING without students on campus.  I really took advantage of reminding myself why living here is so relaxing.  My friends and I hung out every day, the weather was beautiful, and we never had to wait long for food when we went out to eat.  While it would have been great to fly home, go to a conference or head to Florida, it was nice to experience life without school for a change in Bloomington.

Below is a picture of my friend, Caitlin and I celebrating St. Patty’s Day while watching the Indiana/VCU basketball game!