If you are planning on matriculating as a graduate student next fall, you’ve done your research, prepared application materials and close to hitting the submit button. The following are some final checklist reminders:
- Finalize Personal Statement; make sure it has been reviewed by various people (career counselor, faculty member, etc.).
- Complete Applications. Make sure all sections have been completed and that you’ve followed directions; if they asked for two letter of recommendation, don’t send more.
- Submit request for official transcripts. Most institutions require 10 business days or about 2 weeks to send official transcripts. So make sure you process your transcript before the admissions deadline.
- Check and recheck that you have all required components.
- Continue to research financial aid opportunities (assistantships on campus, scholarships, fellowships, etc.)
- Stay positive.