So holiday break brought some good news … an article I worked with a professor on will be published in the Education Law Reporter. An important aspect of academia is to research, write, and publish. Some tips to accomplish these goals are:
1. Find good mentors who know the system well and can guide you through them
2. Collaborate with faculty members and other graduate students. Find where your strengths can compliment theirs.
3. Work together and keep each other accountable. Working with others help you keep yourself accountable and on track to achieve a goal.
4. Research and write on topics that interest you. This is a long process and if you are not interested in the work you are doing, it will become a task not a pleasure!
5. And last but not least … have fun! Write about interesting and current topics, but also collaborate with fun colleagues! You can learn so much from each other but also have so much fun!
Good luck! Research … and write!