What to do while you wait

Hey friends… the new year is off and running. And I have some advice for you. By now  you should’ve submitted your application to graduate school (hopefully Indiana University made the cut), now you have all of this free time. You’re probably asking yourself “Self… what am I going to do with all of this free time?” Well that is a good question to ask yourself. I probably wouldn’t do it out loud in public. That is a good way to make people think you’re a little crazy.

The FTOD for you folks in admissions limbo is to stay busy, and stay in contact with the institutions you are interested. Next month we will talk about college visits so I won’t go into detail here. But one simple thing you can do is begin planning visits to your top choices. Something else you can do is continue to research the institution, and the surrounding town. Visit the city’s visitor bureau website, generally  these websites can give you an idea of what city life is about. Finally I’d recommend that you keep talking to people at the institution you learn so much just by asking the same question to a lot of people (i.e. what is this institution like, etc). So go forth and be busy.