Hi Everyone! I hope that life has been treating you well. I know that I’m a little late with my post for January, but it has been a crazy time. Anywho, let’s get down to business :). What does one do when waiting on an admission decision? Well, you could engage in arts in crafts? It’s winter time, so your friends and family would love a new scarf…get out those knitting needles! You could also try to set a new world record. However, I would recommend something more productive.
Waiting on admission results can be a nerve wrecking process taht can take a toll on you physically and mentally. Here are my recommendations as you play the waiting game.
1. Relax! You’ve done all that you can at this point. You’ve put your best foot forward, so don’t nitpick with your essays.
2. Stay in contact with current grad students to learn more about the program.
3. Do NOT harass facutly about a decision two weeks after you submit your application. Give the process some time. However, if you don’t hear anything back by March, give the department a call.
4. Look for funding (internal and external) opportunities.
5. Stay positive! You never know what a program is looking for in a new cohort…so don’t count yourself out of the mix!
Have a great day…and I will keep my fingers crossed for plenty of acceptance letters!!