IU Library & Technology

I am so glad that I took the time to ‘scout’ all the resources that IU Bloomington had to offer to me as a student during my first semester.

Even though it was such a small thing,a big load taken off my mind to know that I would be able to print up to a 1000 pages (possibly more depending on your school) per semester.  Just recently, the Grad Commons grad_commons in the main library was opened up for the exclusive use of graduate students; now this doesn’t seem to be such a big deal, but it is amazing how studious you actually want to be in this room.  The free downloads of the Microsoft Office and Adobe suites makes my presentations and reports much more professional.  Free access to Lynda.com enables me to learn various technological programs and skills during my academic downtime.

I’ve talked with a few of my colleagues and other universities, and the resources that IU has (at least to me) is second to none.  No matter where you might go, the library should have the repository of necessary university-wide information.  Now if only the library could help me keep from procrastinating…