Naptown vs. B-Town

My hometown Indianapolis, IN (also known as Naptown or Indy) is relatively one hour north of Bloomington, Indiana (also known as B-Town).  There are just a few similarities between Indianapolis and Bloomington that made the move to Bloomington a lot easier. Like Indianapolis, Bloomington has some of my favorite places to eat, so that was immediately the first thing that I noticed (considering that I LOVE food!). Some of those places include, but are not limited to, Chipotle, Red Lobster, TGI Fridays, Applebee’s, and Olive Garden. Also similar to Indianapolis, Bloomington has some of my favorite places to shop. Some of those stores include (and are not limited to) DSW, Macy’s, Target, Dick’s, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and Bath and Body Works. Finally, there are plenty of places to find some reasonably priced entertainment, just like Indianapolis. Both Bloomington and Indianapolis have a Kilroy’s and a Brother’s Bar and Grill movie theatres, a skating rink, and museums. As you can see, I am naming all of the places that are my “escape zones” from my studies!

The two major differences between Indianapolis and Bloomington in my opinion are the size in population and the atmosphere. First, Indianapolis is a lot larger city and has a larger population, as it is the capitol of Indiana and houses to professional athletic teams. Second, Bloomington is considered to be a college town, as the majority of the residents for 9 months of the year are college students. A lot of students “escape” from Bloomington on some weekends to my hometown and I love being able to show my friends a great time in my city. But after long, hectic, and busy stays at home, I often feel myself longing to return to B-Town! What can I say?… I get the best of both worlds in only an hour’s drive J