Resources to Take Advantage Of

Sometime school can be stressful…okay, school is usually stressful, especially during the week preceding an examination, presentation, or really just any deadline.  There are many people to help you de-stress: friends and family foremost.  But IU also has several people/places to help too.

One building for sure that has helped me, both body and soul, has been at the IU Health Center.

IU Bloomington Health Center

IU Bloomington Health Center

For my medical needs, it has been easier than I would have assumed to get an appointment and meet with a doctor, especially when I really needed that cough or allergy medicine.  The process seems easier that it is in the real world, and I only wish that I’d have it after graduation too.

Another service they provide, already covered in your health fee, is a counseling session at the Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).  You actually get 2 sessions per semester for free.  I know that many people feel that going to counseling makes you seem weak, but I think taking advantage of your resources makes you seem smart.  It definitely couldn’t hurt to go, only help.  The worst that could happen is missing some of your procrastination time.  I’ve gone when I haven’t really needed to, and it’s just made me feel both more relaxed about my current situation and contemplative about the future, something most of us don’t do when we live on a day-to-day, or even hour-to-hour schedule.

You can always count on Bloomington to have the resources that you need, even if you don’t think that you’ll want it.