Labor Day Weekend Musings…

Welcome to our blog site and to a new school year! As I sit here munching on a plate of study food and talking to you, I still can’t believe we are almost through with summer. But, like you, I’m excited about the new year and once again know we are in the right place at this time in our lives.

You know, I always do this–just jump right into a conversation without introducing myself lol. Let me roll this back a bit: Hi, nice to meet you. My name is Amy Aiyegbusi. I’m a 2nd year PhD student in the department of Folklore and Ethnomusicology at IU Bloomington, completing a concentration on the ethno side. I completed my BA at IU in English with various minors and my MA in European Studies at IU, plus I am a Bloomington townie, so you could say I know my way around here some:) I’m pretty accessible via email if you ever would have any questions for me about either the city or the University, so feel free to contact me at afa@indiana.edu if you need something.

So, as I sit here on a long Labor Day weekend and think about the fact that I’m inside managing my coursework instead of walking around in the sunshine, I can’t really complain. I went out last night with a friend to Indy (here’s a food pic, which was fabulous, as always), shopped a little online and organized all of my deadlines for this semester in my calendar. Academics is all about figuring out your current priorities weighed against your long-term goals, and so far this year, I seem to be doing something right. Oh yeah, almost forgot–it’s just the beginning of the 3rd week. Check in with me in about a month and we’ll see how I’m still feeling;) lol

Bis später,
Amy