Treat Yourself!

For this post, I would like to highlight two of my favorite eateries in Bloomington. Why? Because sometimes you just need to escape and indulge!

Baked has the best cookies! The business just moved to a new location, losing some of the character of the previous building, but gaining a lot more space. Baked works because it does not try to specialize in everything; just cookies. First, you choose your cookie dough, then your mix-in ingredients, and finally your topping or icing. After almost two years of experimenting, I created the perfect mix for myself: sugar cookie dough, m&ms, chocolate chips, cheesecake bites and pretzels mixed in, and cream cheese frosting. It may sound super sweet, but the pretzel adds a nice contrast. Baked is the perfect place to escape from papers, projects and work. It has a great atmosphere for catching up with friends and being entertained by all of the writings on the chalkboard walls.

Cookies from Baked! Photo by Garrett C.

The Tudor Room
The Tudor Room, located inside of the IMU, is the best all-you-can-eat buffet in Bloomington–on Sundays anyway. Priced at nearly $20 per person, a student ID gets you in for about $14 and it is worth every penny. Staples for the Sunday brunch usually include: made-to-order omelets, french toast, bacon, sausage, prime rib, chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables, soups, and amazing desserts! Something inside me always perks up when friends say they have never been because it is a must while in Bloomington and it gives me the opportunity to take them there. In addition to the food, the room itself is reminiscent of a dining hall from Hogwarts for all the Harry Potter fans out there. The room is grand, elegant, and a nice escape from everything on your to-do list.
It may seem small, but you must take the time to treat yourself because you deserve it!