Preparing Theses and Dissertations
APPENDIX A: DEFENSE ANNOUNCEMENT
NOTE: The document must be received by the University Graduate School, at least, 30 days in advance of your defense date.
- Arrange a mutually agreeable time with your committee.
- Set up the oral exam at least thirty days prior to when you wish to defend.
- Submit your Defense Announcement at least thirty days prior to when you wish to defend.
- We begin counting the thirty days from the date your document is received by our office.
- Track your document to ensure timely approval. Refer to the Student Reference guide in OneStart to see how to do this.
- Come back and defend.
Ordinarily, the defense is conducted here at Indiana University, but under extraordinary circumstances, other arrangements can sometimes be made. Prior approval must be obtained from your committee and the University Graduate School.Access to Defense Announcement Form and Reference Materials