New students need to complete a housing and dining application for the Fall Semester. They do not need to complete one for the mandatory Summer Experience Program (SEP). Housing for the summer program will be provided by the Groups Scholars Program.
- Do your Homework! - Visit the online Housing Guide.
- Get your information together and then enter it into the new student housing application & the housing contract.
- Your application fee is deferred; DO NOT enter payment information or click "confirm" if you see a payment screen. Immediately exit the application and contact housing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-5601 or 800-817-6371.
- Remember if you complete the contract and then decide not to attend IUB you MUST cancel your contract.
If you have completed all of the pre-liminary requirements to participate in the Groups Scholars Program then you are eligible to attend the Summer Experience Program (SEP).
Please visit the link below for important information outlining your arrival on Saturday, June 14, 2014 on Indiana University’s Bloomington Campus.
Since Groups Scholars participate in the Summer Experience Program they will not be involved in regular university orientation. However, they will participate in some orientation activities during their first week on campus. Groups Scholars do NOT need to schedule an Orientation Appointment. Groups Orientation activities will include:
- Meeting with Groups Academic Advisor
- Fall Course Registration
- Other Campus Orientation Procedures (ID set-up, housing, books, etc.)
"Thank you for your time, effort and support in whatever I do regarding my academic career."
Email as official Communciation
As a Groups Scholar you must begin checking your IU email account on a regular basis. The Groups Scholars Program will be sending you vital information for your upcoming fall registration and other required tasks. Please see the Universities Policy on email as official communication. Expect an email around the middle of May from your Groups Scholars Academic Advisor regarding your fall registration.
Fall Registration Information
Some things you need to be thinking about in preparing for Fall Registration which will occur on the Monday after you arrive on campus.
- What is my Major?
- Familiarize yourself with IUB Course Information.
- What is an IUB Education?
- Good First Year Courses.
A Groups Learning Community is a “shared learning” experience in which students of similar interests take classes together, share the same Academic Advisor, and in some cases, live together. Students will be invited to join learning communities based on their major. Groups offers learning communities in the following areas of study:
- Science Learning Community
- Nursing Learning Community
- Atkins Living Learning Community (An Afro-Centric based living community)
Important Dates to Remember
April 12 - Campus Visit - IUB Campus
May 27 - Check IU e-mail for Fall Registration e-mail
June 14 - Arrive on the Indiana University Campus
June 15 - Advising Meetings (Mandatory)
June 16-18 - Orientation
June 19 - Summer Classes Begin
July 4 - Independence Day Observed - No classes
July 7 - Classes resume at 8:30 a.m.
July 26 - Production: Groups Theater Project
Aug 1- Groups Summer Awards Ceremony (Mandatory)
Aug. 2 - Students must be out of the dorms by 10AM
August 21 - Groups Fall Meeting (Mandatory)
August 25 - Fall Classes Begin