What You Should Do If You Have The FluSelf-isolation until fever is gone for 24 hours (without medication):
- Stay home, do not go to class and do not go out.
- Stay 6 feet away from others.
- Cover your cough.
- Wash your hands.
- Email or call your professors.
Signs of severe illness--Seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Take your temperature. Do you need a thermometer?
- If 100 or greater, stay in bed.
- Drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids.
- Take acetaminophen or ibuprofen as directed on the label.
- Eat as tolerated and no restrictions.
- Watch for signs of severe illness.
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- Bluish or gray skin color.
- Not drinking enough fluids.
- Severe or persistent vomiting.
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen.
- Flu symptoms improve and then return with fever and worse cough.