- IU Health Center
- For information, call Chris Meno at
Protect yourself and your fellow students. CAPS offers educational programs to residence halls, student organizations, academic departments, and other groups.
You can request a program here: Outreach Request Form
- Recognizing emotional distress in others
- Suicide prevention
- Dealing with sexual assault
- Disordered eating
- Alcohol and substance abuse
Raising Awareness of Interactions in Sexual Encounters (RAISE)
RAISE is a student-led organization whose goal is to educate IU Bloomington students about sexual assault, relationship violence, and gendered communication. Under the supervision of Ann Skirvin and Debbie Melloan from Sexual Assault Crisis Services, these peer educators deliver presentations to residence halls, greek houses, and the community. RAISE also participates in campus events that focus on eliminating sexual violence in our community. RAISE programs include:
- She Said, He Said, an exploration of how different people can interpret the same sexual encounter
- Blame It on the Alcohol, a presentation on the legal aspects of sexual assault (in conjunction with the Monroe County Deputy Sex Crimes Prosecutor)
Get Involved with RAISE
RAISE needs your support. As a member, you can become a peer educator, participate in campuswide condom distribution, or manage our Facebook or Twitter accounts. To learn more about what you can do, email email@example.com.