HHE Student Member Activities
Hoosiers for Higher Education is a non-partisan, grassroots organization sponsored by the IU Office of Public Affairs and Governmental Relations and the IU Alumni Association.
As a student member, you are invited to assist alumni, parents, faculty, and staff in raising public awareness about the importance of higher education to Indiana's future. Membership is FREE we will never ask for money and your level of involvement is entirely up to you.
HHE seeks to ensure an affordable, high-quality education for all students at Indiana University. To help meet this goal, students regularly participate in the following activities:
In addition to these activities, HHE student members may also volunteer to serve as a Campus Captain. As a Campus Captain, you have the opportunity to:
- Participate in writing campaigns to your hometown legislator
- Make phone calls to legislators with votes on House and Senate bills that impact IU
- Attend the annual Statehouse Visit in February and have lunch with your hometown legislators
- Visit with legislators visiting campus and provide feedback on your IU experience
Your involvement is important! Complete the online membership form to become a student member of HHE today.
- Serve as a student leader on campus by promoting HHE lobbying efforts among fellow students
- Educate the campus community on legislative issues impacting Indiana University
- Recruit HHE student members
- Coordinate phone call and letter writing campaigns in the dormitories and student organizations
- Maintain communication between various student organizations and the HHE office