Wellness and Retention (W&R)
What is Wellness and Retention?Wellness and Retention (W&R) is an assortment of student-centric public health programs. This program was formerly known as the Holistic Philosophy of Scholar Success Program (HOPSS),
Program MissionThe purpose of W&R is to connect scholars to essential resources for personal and professional success by guiding students through the Five Domains of Wellness, which were created by Dr. Hettler in 1976.
The five domains of wellness are:
- Occupational Health
- Provides a refuge for Scholars.
- Quickly responses to student issues and concerns.
- Strong advocates and provides referrals as needed.
- Provides innovative programming from health and wellness to study skills to professional development.
- Distributes quarterly newsletter.