News & Activities
- Grad Students Evan Arnet, Kimberly Brumble, Archie Fields, Kate Grauvogel, Ashley Inglehart, Ryan Ketcham, and Chris Stiso are giving papers at the biennial meeting of the International Society for the History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology in Montreal, the week of 5 July 2015.
- Prof. Amit Hagar will be replacing Sander Gliboff as department chair as of 1 July 2015.
- Emeritus Prof. Fred Churchill's book on August Weismann appeared 11 May 2015 from Harvard University Press.
- A contingent of IU students—Meagan Allen, Kate Grauvogel, Ashley Inglehart, and Sarah Reynolds—gave papers at the Midwest Junto for the History of Science, which was held at the University of Wisconsin at Madison on the weekend of 17 April 2015.
- Alumna Alice Dreger has been in the news recently. Her book, Galileo's Middle Finger, was reviewed in the New York Times Sunday Book Review section on 19 April.
Alice's irreverent live-tweeting while sitting in on her son's abstinence-only sex-ed class has been picked up by many blogs and news sites.
- Prof. Amit Hagar was interviewed by Physics Today on 14 January, about his recent book, Discrete or Continuous?: The Quest for Fundamental Length in Modern Physics (Cambridge University Press, 2014).