What is Adobe Connect?
Indiana University offers Adobe Connect to faculty and staff for web collaboration in meetings and academic classes. Web collaboration (also called web conferencing) provides a virtual meeting/classroom space for sharing presentations, images, and desktop applications with remote participants. With Connect Meeting, you can also take advantage of features including a digital whiteboard, text chat, polling, and audio/video broadcasting. To attend your web meeting, participants need only a web browser with the Flash plug-in (most computers have this already) and a broadband Internet connection [more info].
IU Services and Support for Adobe Connect:
- Connect @ IU - The source at IU for Adobe Connect Information. This is where you can request your account.
- Should I use Adobe Connect or Microsoft Live Meeting?
- Information on Adobe Connect from The Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL)
- How do I create and delete meetings?
Adobe Connect Q & A:
Question: What are the computing requirements to use Adobe Connect?Answer:
- A Web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
- Fast internet connection
- updated web browser and Flash Player (probalby already installed with web browser)
- Web camera and microphone or headset (if broadcasting audio/video)
Question: How can I get started with Adobe Connect and host a meeting?Answer:
IU Faculty and Staff interested in getting an Adobe Connect account to host meetings or classes may find the application form, and additional information from UITS Adobe Connect support page.