In broad terms, eText (or electronic text) refers to digitally enhanced textbooks. Some of these enhancements include:
At Indiana University, eTexts are integrated into Oncourse through Courseload.
- Inclusion of a variety of rich media such as high quality images, graphics, animations, audio, and video.
- Ability to highlight sentences and add notes to any section of a page.
- Ability to search words in the entire book.
- Easy and intuitive navigation.
- Ability to bookmark multiple pages.
- Ability for students to share notes among them and also with the instructor.
- Ability to access the content from most portable devices such as phones and tablets.