Videoconference is the delivery avenue that resembles face to face interaction the most. Students can see and talk among them and to the instructor in real time. Moreover, most videoconference programs nowadays support additional instructional features such as the ability to:
At Indiana University, instructors can request a free account to use Adobe Connect as a videoconference tool for their meetings and classes.
- share a whiteboard in which all students can draw and see each other’s’ drawings at the same time
- display files for all students to see (files like PowerPoint presentations, PDF documents or even movies)
- share the screen so everybody can see any application or document in one’s computer
- form breakout rooms so small groups of students can have a deeper interaction
- create polls on-the-fly to promote interaction