Intermediate Dreamweaver for Educators
Friday, November 3, 2006
3:00 - 5:00pm
School of Education Bldg., Room 2015
The 2006 Instructional Consulting Workshop Series continues with a new session on Macromedia/Adobe Dreamweaver. This workshop will present participants with the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skills regarding the use of Dreamweaver for creating and managing websites.
Various issues surrounding web technologies will be discussed including: setup of Dreamweaver sites, site checking tools, practical web accessibility tips, using & creating templates, creating and importing content into Oncourse CL, EdWeb Page Maker Tools, and much more.
The workshop will be primarily active and hands-on. It will be beneficial for participants to have some previous experience with Dreamweaver or another web development application..
- Describe and demonstrate the essential webpage construction features of Dreamweaver.
- Provide hands-on opportunities for participants to learn to create and maintain multiple course websites using Dreamweaver sites functionality.
- Show participants how to utilize tables for layout in Dreamweaver.
- Provide hands-on practice using IC course website templates.
- Provide hands-on practice creating custom Dreamweaver templates.
- Demonstrate how to create multimedia effects (i.e. image rollovers, flash objects).
- Discuss how to utilize layers for layout.
- Demonstrate how to create content for use in Oncourse, and other content management systems, such as EdWeb Page Maker Tools.
- Demonstrate Dreamweaver site management and checking tools (i.e. link checker, spell check etc...).
- Demonstrate direct HTML source editing capabilities of Dreamweaver.
- Introduce participants to Macromedia Exchange and other resources.
Presented by Jingli Cheng, Instructional Consulting GA, IU School of Education