Friday, October 12, 2007, 10-11 am
School of Education Bldg., Room 2277
The Office of Instructional Consulting is pleased to host a presentation of IUScholarWorks. Julie Bobay, Librarian and Director for Scholarly Communication Initiatives, will be on hand to introduce and demonstrate IUScholarWorks.
IUScholarWorks is a set of services from the IU Libraries and Digital Library Program to make the work of IU scholars freely available, while ensuring that these resources are preserved and organized for the future. After testing on the Bloomington campus, the service will be offered to other IU campuses who are interested in participating.
5 reasons to deposit your papers into IUScholarWorks
1. Increases citation impact
- Provides increased visibility for your research and your unit, bringing many new readers to your content
- Provides world-wide accessibility via search engines like Google or others. Your content is discoverable from a variety of locations and methods with no extra work on your part
- Provides sophisticated searching, making your materials easy for readers to find
2. Guarantees permanence
- Assigns a stable, permanent URL to your work so readers will always find it
3. Ensures quick, efficient archiving of your scholarly work
- Relieves you and your unit of the responsibility for system maintenance
- Removes information technology barriers
4. Showcases your scholarship with a personalized Researcher Page
- Collates and displays your submitted documents with links to other web resources that you choose
5. Meets some grant requirements for dissemination
- May help fulfill dissemination and data-sharing requirements of federal and other grants, including the NIH data-sharing requirements
Presented by Julie Bobay, Librarian and Director for Scholarly Communication Initiatives.