CALL FOR PAPERS
2013 Transatlantic Policy Consortium Conference
Transatlantic Perspectives in Public Affairs: Technology, Safety, Security
Organized by: Leiden University and Delft University of Technology
Hosted at Leiden University, Campus The Hague http://www.campusdenhaag.leiden.edu/
The Hague, The Netherlands
30 May -‐ 1 June 2013
The conference invites papers relating to the issues of Technology, Safety and Security in Public Affairs.
Paper proposals can be submitted for the following panels:
1. The New Urban World: addressing Challenges of Emerging Urban Systems
2. R&D and innovation Policy
3. Technology, Governance, Public Management
4. Cyber Security and Electronic Government
5. Sustainable Markets and Entrepreneurship
6. Energy and Environment: Towards Sustainable Sources and Secure Supplies
7. ‘Big Data’, Model Uncertainty, and the Role of theory: Challenges for PA
8. Harbors, Trade Lanes: Responsible Innovation, Safety and Security
9. Public Resilience, Emergency Preparedness: Building Response and Recovery Capacities
Concurrent with the TPC conference, there will be:
• a continuous meeting of the Consortium on Comparative Civil Service Systems
• a meeting of the IIAS study group on Coproduction in the Public Sector Paper proposals are also invited to these meetings.
Please include the following in a short abstract of no more than 500 words:
• Name, affiliation, title and contact information of the author(s)
• The panel to which you are submitting
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 8 March, 2013. Proposals should be submitted
with the subject line “Abstract” to: TPC2013@cdh.leidenuniv.nl
• Friday 8 March 2013: Deadline for the submission of abstracts
• Friday 15 March: Acceptance decisions will be communicated
• Thursday 16 May 2013: Deadline for submission of papers
The Transatlantic Policy Consortium (TPC) consists of 36 North American and European higher education institutions that conduct education, training, and research in the field of public policy and administration. We currently have a network of 108 individuals from these institutions who participate in our activities. The Consortium is dedicated to promoting better understanding between the public policy/administration educators in the EU and the US, and to providing opportunities for the researchers, students and faculty members of the Consortium to interact, study, conduct research, and work together in a variety of ways on the pressing public policy issues facing Europe and North America.
The TPC was formed officially in May of 2000, and is self-financed, with the Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs providing the Secretariat for the organization. The Consortium now has an annual colloquium of the consortium membership and guests that focuses on public policy issues of particular concern to the US/EU Transatlantic Agenda. These colloquia alternate on a yearly basis between the US and Europe.
2013 Colloquium Information
The next colloqium will be held in The Hague, The Netherlands, May 30- June 1, 2013. The meeting is organized by Leiden University and Delft University of Technology and will be hosted at Leiden University, Campus The Hague. The colloqium web site can be found here.
Grant Received from the Bosch Foundation
The TPC received a grant from the Bosch Foundation in 2008 to help involve young faculty members from member institutions in the work of the consortium. The grant will cover the travel expenses of three American and three German faculty members to attend the next Colloquium in Jönköping, Sweden.
The TPC has a logo that can be used by partner institutions. Print quality logos are available. [more]