Activities and Projects
• IICA members presented at the Governor’s Conference on Aging
• IICA members testified at the listening session for the White House Conference on Aging
• IICA members participated in the town hall meeting for the White House Conference on Aging delegates during the Governor’s Conference on Aging. Ellen Miller gave the message of the importance of facilitating good education and training through the universities and referenced the specific resolution.
• The two Indiana delegates and the alternate to White House Conference on Aging were IICA members.
• Will Mays, IICA member, was quoted in the NY Times discussing the importance of the White House Conference on Aging and the mental health and substance abuse resolutions.
• Purdue obtained funding for graduate student recruitment in gerontology