- Full Citation: Theophilus Wiley Morrison, "Recollections of Salem," Indiana Magazine of History 29, no. 3 (September 1933): 248-253.
- Home: Washington County (Salem)
- Year: 1861
- Regiment:18th Indiana, Co. G
- Abstract: Morrison (1842-1898) wrote a short autobiographical memoir of his youth
and young adulthood that includes some brief reflection on his Civil War service.
- Sample Text:
- "My comfort was the I had left the impression that I was glad to have the opportunity to serve
my country as a soldier, even though my feelings, then, suggested the contrary. My patriotism was
at a low ebb just at that time, and I did not care to have it known."
- LC Subject Headings:
- United States. Army. Indiana Infantry Regiment, 18th (1861-1865)