1. Climbers are responsible to keep themselves safe. The bouldering wall is not directly supervised by a staff person.
2. Having a spotter is the climber's responsibility and is highly recommended.
3. Once a climber’s hands reach the top lip of the wall, they must stop climbing higher and descend.
4. Only balled chalk in chalk bags are allowed at the wall. No loose chalk.
5. Climbing shoes or clean athletic shoes are permitted. No boots, sandals, or hard-soled shoes are permitted. Barefoot climbing is not permitted.
6. Objects that could lead to injuries, such as watches or jewelry should be removed.
7. Shirts must be worn.
8. Except water in closed water bottles, no food or drinks are allowed.
9. No one may use the wall under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
10. The bouldering wall room has a maximum capacity of 50. IUOA enforces the limit of climbers at or near its maximum capacity.
11. The IUOA Shop staff are available to answer questions or to respond if there is an incident requiring assistance. Please notify an IUOA staff person if there is an incident.