Are you already tracking faculty and student engagement in service and service learning programs?
- Do you know many students participated in a service learning course on your campus last year?
- Do you know how many faculty members on your campus teach service learning courses each year?
- Do you know how many cumulative hours of service your campus completed last year through campus based community outreach programs?
If you answered yes, then what I am going to ask you to do will be easy. Take all of that information that you know and have tracked over the past year and enter it into the Campus Compact Annual Membership Survey.
If you answered no, then you may have a little more work to do, but finishing the Campus Compact Annual Membership Survey is the perfect catalyst to get your campus moving.
Whether you are already tracking faculty and student engagement in service and service learning programs (and/or any number of things that the Campus Compact Survey asks you to report on), collecting that information and sharing it with us is important for several reasons.
Five Reasons to Complete the Campus Compact Survey
- BENCHMARKING: In the spring, Indiana Campus Compact will send you a personalized report that compares your campus data to other campuses in the state and across the country.
- TRACKING: Indiana Campus Compact keeps all of your submitted data from year to year. If you are interested in seeing how programs have grown (or shrunk) over time, we can give you comparative data. (Your successor will thank you for this!)
- MAKING THE CASE: The information that you provide is combined with data from campuses across the country to help Indiana Campus Compact and the national Campus Compact network make the case for the impact and value of this work to partners, funders and potential member campuses.
- EASY ACCESS IN THE FUTURE: If you take the time now to enter the data into the report, then the next time you get a phone call asking for the number of students enrolled in service learning courses for a meeting that is happening in 10 minutes, you can pull it up and provide it without breaking a sweat.
- IT MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD: When we share reports with your President or Chancellor about the data we have collected, you’ll want to have your campus included in the dataset.