Requirements for Major » Capstone Seminar
- It is restricted to international studies majors of senior standing
- Requires the completion of INTL-I315
- Is a research paper or other project, as appropriate
- Integrates the student’s thematic and regional concentrations
- Draws from and incorporates the student’s foreign language(s) and international experience(s)
- Necessitates the expertise and guidance of a Capstone Mentor
- Has an Honors Track
- Sample Capstone Seminar syllabus
- See a selection of past I400 theses titles; sample theses are available in the International Studies advisor's office.
Publishing your thesis
Students are encouraged to submit their research paper for publication to the following journals:
- Indiana University's Undergraduate Journal of International Studies provides a forum for undergraduate students to publish their research and encourages excellence in student scholarship. Academic papers relating to international studies and connecting to a wide range of disciplines are welcome. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Undergraduate Scholar is a journal that publishes non-fiction essays from all disciplines, from art history to zoology. Each issue reflects our intellectual engagement with the political, social, moral, and aesthetic issues of both the past and present. To submit an essay, you can upload it to the UGS website (http://www.indiana.edu/~uscholar/index.html). If you have any questions or are curious about how to join the UGS staff, contact Lauren Conkling at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Indiana University Journal of Undergraduate Research.