Requirements for Major » Capstone Seminar
All International Studies majors will complete a senior capstone course where they conduct a research project that integrates their thematic and regional interests. INTL-I 400:
- Is restricted to International Studies majors of senior standing
- Requires the completion of INTL-I315 prior to enrollment
- Is a research paper or other project, as appropriate
- Integrates the student’s thematic and regional concentrations
- Draws from and incorporates the student’s foreign language(s) and international experience(s)
- Necessitates the expertise and guidance of a Capstone Mentor
- Has an Honors Track option
Preparing for INTL-I 400:
- Build relationships with faculty who share your interests
- Keep track of readings or resources that interest you in other classes
- Think about how your interests relate and try to select relevant courses when possible
- Take a look at a Sample Capstone Seminar syllabus
- See a selection of past I400 theses titles; sample theses are available in the International Studies advisor's office.
Publishing your thesis
Students are encouraged to submit their research paper for publication to the following journals:
- Indiana University's Undergraduate Journal of International Studies provides a forum for undergraduate students to publish their research and encourages excellence in student scholarship. Academic papers relating to international studies and connecting to a wide range of disciplines are welcome. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
- The Undergraduate Scholar is a journal that publishes non-fiction essays from all disciplines, from art history to zoology. Each issue reflects our intellectual engagement with the political, social, moral, and aesthetic issues of both the past and present. To submit an essay, you can upload it to the UGS website (http://www.indiana.edu/~uscholar/index.html). If you have any questions or are curious about how to join the UGS staff, contact Lauren Conkling at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- The Indiana University Journal of Undergraduate Research.