Requirements for Major » Career Development
The Department of International Studies strives to prepare students for rewarding careers in the international arena. Students are required to complete ASCS Q299: Marketing Yourself for the Job and Internship Search and are strongly encouraged to consult with the International Studies advisor regarding career and graduate school options. The department works closely with the Career Development Center and the School of Global and International Studies to identify internships and volunteer opportunities at home and abroad.
Students are advised to:
- Be informed and participate in career events on campus
- Network with members of the International Studies Alumni Associations in Chicago, Indianapolis, New York and Washington, D.C.
- Check the International Studies blog
- Create an E-portfolio to be ready for job hunting
- Take advantage of Local Internship Opportunities established by International Studies
- View a list of additional internship opportunities
- Participate in the Mentor to Mentor program
- Upon graduation