Outstanding International Studies majors who are interested in departmental honors should arrange a meeting with the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Olga Kalentzidou (okalentzindiana.edu) and submit an Honors Authorization Form to the International Studies advisor, Emily Williams (elwillindiana.edu) no later than the second semester of the junior year.
Completion of the Honors Track necessitates:
- Completion of 15 credit hours in the major prior to application
- GPA of at least 3.5 in the major and 3.3 overall
- Completion of INTL-I315
- Submission of Application and Eligibility Form
- Students who matriculated prior to Summer 2012 need to enroll in the INTL-I405 Honors Individual Readings and INTL -I406 Honors International Studies Capstone Seminar sequence
- All others should enroll only in INTL-I406
- Identification of an Honors Thesis Director(the Thesis Director must be an International Studies core faculty member)
- Establishment of an Honors Committee comprised of the International Studies Director of Undergraduate Studies, the Thesis Director and one faculty member, i.e. third Reader, of the student’s choice
- Submission of an honors thesis of approximately 50 pages
- Defense before an International Studies honors committee
- Final grade of A– or higher
- The grade for the thesis will be given jointly by the Thesis Director and the International Studies Director of Undergraduate Studies.