Outstanding International Studies majors who are interested in departmental honors should discuss their plans with their academic advisor. Earning departmental honors involves completing a more in-depth version of the capstone project, and students often need to begin their research in the junior year in order to be ready to write the thesis during the senior year.
- maintain a 3.500 GPA in International Studies coursework
- maintain a 3.300 GPA overall
- complete all requirements for the major and degree
- apply for departmental honors no later than the second semester of the junior year
- take I406 Honors International Studies Capstone Seminar
- research, write, and defend an honors thesis or complete an in-depth creative project which merits an A– or higher
For more information visit the College of A & S Bulletin.