2011/2012 InULA Committees
InULA was founded in the 1960s to enable librarians to work together to obtain faculty status. It continues now with two purposes: to promote excellence in library service and to provide opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
Most of the work of the organization is done by members working on committees.
(Excerpts from "What is InULA" http://www.indiana.edu/~inula/about/index.html)
Evaluate the structure and functionality of the InULA website, and to make recommendations for redesigning and upgrading the website.
- Courtney Greene (2011-2012) chair 2011-2012
- Latrice Booker (2011-2012)
- Summer Durrant (2011-2012)
- Jian Liu (2011-2012)
Charge: This committee shall organize a book sale normally held in conjunction with National Library Week.
- Lori Dekydtspotter (2010-2012), chair 2011-2012
- Gary Charbonneau (2011-2013)
- Wookjin Cheun (2011-2012)
- Michael Courtney (2011-2013)
- Lewis Johnson (2011-2012)
- Bob Noel (2011-2012)
- Emily Okada (2011-2013)
- Christina Sheley (2011-2012)
- Alice Wei (2011-2013)
- Christina Wray, board liaison
Charge: This committee shall administer the InULA listserv and the InULA Web site. It shall compile, edit, prepare and distribute all publications, both print and electronic, of the Association.
- Andrea Morrison (2010-2012), chair 2011-2012
- Lori Duggan (2011-2012)
- Jennifer Liss (2011-2013)
- Willie Miller (2011-2012)
- Mandi Moning (2011-2013)
- Kate Moore, board liaison
- Jian Liu, ex officio
Charge: This committee shall consider proposals for amending the Association's Constitution and Bylaws, and shall present such proposals to the membership for approval as specified in Article VII of the Constitution. The Committee chairperson shall also perform the duties specified in Article VIII of the Constitution.
- Steve Miller (2011-2013), chair 2011-2012
- Gary Charbonneau (2010-2012)
- Lou Malcomb (2011-2013)
- Wendell Johnting, board liaison
Charge: (From the InULA Constitution) It shall be the responsibility of the three Representatives-at-Large to administer member recruitment and retention. Duties shall include conducting the annual membership drive beginning August 1, contacting new librarians during the year to inform them about the Association and invite their membership, and assessing the needs and interests of members in order to advise the Executive Board in its planning.
- Latrice Booker (2010-2012), chair 2011-2012
- Chanitra Bishop (2010-2012)
- Michael Courtney (2011-2013)
- Jo McClamroch (2011-2012)
- Denise Stuempfle (2011-2013)
- Christina Wray (2011-2013)
Charge: This committee shall organize at least one program of interest to the members. This committee shall also design, administer and publicize such activities as workshops, institutes or conferences for the professional development of librarianship. It may also organize a fund-raising event to support the InULA Research Incentive Fund.
- Monique Threatt (2010-2012), chair 2011-2012
- Brandon Bowen (2011-2013)
- Rayla Hanselmann (2011-2013)
- Julie Hardesty (2010-2012)
- Anand Kulanthaivel (2011-2012)
- Kathy Marlett (2010-2012)
- Dot Porter (2010-2012)
- Monique Threatt (2010-2012)
- Chanitra Bishop, board liaison
(formerly Professional Development Committee)
Charge: This committee shall receive and review applications for the research incentive fund and scholarship program applications and submit their recommendations to the Executive Board for approval and funding.
- Catherine Lemmer (2010-2012), chair 2011-2012
- Diane Bever (2011-2013)
- Keith Cochran (2010-2012)
- Angela Courtney (2010-2012)
- Akram Khabibullaev (2011-2013)
- Jo McClamroch, board liaison