2012/2013 InULA Committees
InULA was founded in the 1960s to enable librarians to work together to obtain faculty status. It continues now with two purposes: to promote excellence in library service and to provide opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
Most of the work of the organization is done by members working on committees.
(Excerpts from "What is InULA" http://www.indiana.edu/~inula/about/index.html)
Charge: Explore ways in which InULA can assist librarians with writing and publishing.
- Chanitra Bishop, (2012-2013), chair 2012-2013
- Latrice Booker (2012-2013)
- Sherri Michaels (2012-2013)
- Andrea Morrison (2012-2013)
- Christina Sheley (2012-2013)
- Angie Thorpe (2012-2013)
Charge: This committee shall organize a book sale normally held in conjunction with National Library Week.
- Lori Dekydtspotter (2012-2013), chair and board liaison 2012-2013
- Gary Charbonneau (2011-2013)
- Wookjin Cheun (2012-2014)
- Michael Courtney (2011-2013)
- Lewis Johnson (2012-2014)
- Bob Noel (2012-2014)
- Emily Okada (2011-2013)
- Naz Pantaloni (2012-2014), vice chair/chair elect
- Alice Wei (2011-2013)
Charge: This committee shall administer the InULA listserv and the InULA Web site. It shall compile, edit, prepare and distribute all publications, both print and electronic, of the Association.
- Jennifer Liss (2011-2013), chair 2012-2013
- Ashley Ahlbrand (2012-2014), vice chair/chair elect
- Katie Emery (2012-2014)
- Stacy Konkiel (2012-2014)
- Mandi Moning (2011-2013)
- Gary Wiggins (ex-officio), webmaster
- Christina Wray, board liaison
Charge: This committee shall consider proposals for amending the Association's Constitution and Bylaws, and shall present such proposals to the membership for approval as specified in Article VII of the Constitution. The Committee chairperson shall also perform the duties specified in Article VIII of the Constitution.
- Lou Malcomb (2011-2013), chair 2012-2013
- Summer Durrant (2012-2014)
- Richard Humphrey (2012-2014)
- Latrice Booker, board liaison
Charge: This committee shall conduct the annual membership drive, contacting new librarians during the year to inform them of the Association and invite their membership, and to assess the needs and interests of members in order to advise the Executive Board in its planning.
- Latrice Booker (2012-2014), chair 2011-2013
- Chanitra Bishop (2012-2014)
- Michael Courtney (2011-2013)
- Ria Lukes (2012-2014), vice chair/chair elect
- Denise Stuempfle (2011-2013)
- Christina Wray (2011-2013)
Charge: This committee shall organize at least one program of interest to the members. This committee shall also design, administer and publicize such activities as workshops, institutes or conferences for the professional development of librarianship. It may also organize a fund-raising event to support the InULA Research Incentive Fund.
- Carrie Donovan (2012-2014) chair
- Brandon Bowen (2011-2013)
- Jennifer Hehman (2012-2014)
- Kate Moore, board liaison
(formerly Professional Development Committee)
Charge: This committee shall receive and review applications for the research incentive fund and scholarship program applications and submit their recommendations to the Executive Board for approval and funding.
- Catherine Lemmer (2012-2014), chair 2011-2013
- Diane Bever (2011-2013)
- Akram Khabibullaev (2011-2013)
- Catherine Minter (2012-2014) vice-chair/chair elect
- Jennifer Laherty, board liaison