Vol. 23, No. 2 Fall 2011
Letter from the President
Dear InULA members,
Hello! And welcome to another year with InULA – Librarians serving Librarians in so many good ways.
I mentioned several tasks and plans (see below) at our annual December lunch – which was excellent. Thank you to the always busy Program and Social Committee for planning the event and inviting SLIS Professor Staša Milojevic to speak with us about her role as a librarian in Serbia during the mid-90s.
- Planning a website redesign. The initial work to move us forward on this project was undertaken by an Ad Hoc Committee the Board appointed to study our site and prepare a redesign plan. This effort was led by chair Courtney Greene at IUB, Latrice Booker at IUN, Summer Durrant at IUPUI, and Jian Liu at IUB. Among the many enhancements we hope to bring includes a mechanism for using PayPal for membership dues.
- Consideration of an additional fundraiser next year – maybe an auction!
- Grappling with how to manage our archives.
- Consideration to add vice chairs to the committees to allow for continuous and smooth operations as we transition from year to year.
- Continuation of the Membership Committee’s work to think about how to best position InULA as relevant to our members’ needs.
- The Book Sale Committee is hard at work – the event will be April 14-15, 2012 in Bloomington at the Wells Library.
Also, I encourage members to take advantage of the Research Incentive Funds available. Application cycles are Oct. 15, Jan. 15, and April 15.
As always, please see the board agendas on the listserv and the minutes posted to our website. I welcome your feedback and participation in this organization.
I look forward to another productive six months with our excellent and very supportive Executive Board colleagues: Kate Moore, Vice President – IUS; Steve Miller, Past-President – IUPUI; Wendell Johnting, Secretary – IUPUI; Lori Dekydtspotter, Treasurer – IUB; and our three at-large members, Chanitra Bishop, Jo McClamroch and Christina Wray – all at IUB.
All rights reserved.