- Any regular member of InULA is eligible to apply.
- Applicants should fill out the InULA Research Incentive Fund
application form. This form requires a
description of the project, a budget, a statement of the part for which
funding is requested, and other supporting information.
- Applicants should include one to three letters of support from individuals
who are knowledgeable about their research project and/or other supporting
- InULA Executive Board members may not participate while they are in office.
Categories of Support
- Seed support of research and research-related activities used to develop
a larger research proposal.
- Funds for research equipment or materials.
- Travel to support the research project.
- Publication subsidies.
- Other needs not defines above, including copying, secretarial services,
preparation of graphics for publications, computing services, ILL costs,
postage, telephone, etc.
Priorities for Awarding the InULA Research Incentive Fund
The InULA Research Incentive Fund is intended to encourage and support
research by providing funding for research projects of any size or scope.
All applications will be considered on their merits. In the case of
equally meritorious proposals, those of non-tenured librarians may be
given priority, because it is often difficult for beginning
researchers to obtain research grants.
- Each year there are funds to distribute, the President of InULA
inform the Executive Board of the amount of money available. The Board shall
invite librarians to prepare proposals for the use of these monies, establish
a deadline for receiving proposals, and a calendar for reviewing them. This
process shall be called a funding cycle in a calendar year. Depending on the
availability of funds, there may be more than one funding cycle in a calendar
- Applications are available online.
- The Scholarship and Grants Committee will receive and review Research
Incentive Fund applications and submit their recommendations to the
Executive Board for final approval and funding. It is possible for the
Committee to recommend partial funding for a proposal.
- The Board shall be responsible for monitoring and reviewing the use of
funds awarded in previous years. The recipient is required to submit a
one-page summary describing use of these funds.
- Unused Monies
All funds not awarded in a funding quarter will be carried
over into the remaining quarter(s). This sum shall be equally dispersed among
the remaining quarters(s).
Annual Deadlines for Applications
- October 15
- January 15
- April 15
Or the next working day if these dates fall on a weekend or holiday.
Revised March 2009