- Fill out the InULA Scholarship application form, including a statement of
purpose that reflects your philosophy of librarianship and career goals. In the
case of incoming students, the applicants may choose to release the DILS
application statement of purpose to the InULA Board rather than compose a new
document. The statement of the winning applicant may be published in the
association's newsletter, InULA Notes.
- Submit one or more letters of reference addressing your professional qualifications. The letter(s) MUST be sent electronically to the Chair of the Grants and Scholarships Committee and should use the following guidelines:
- Letters of reference should be in Word or PDF format. Letterhead from the reference’s organization is preferred. Please name the file [Applicant’s Last Name]ReferenceLetter (e.g. SmithReferenceLetter.docx)
- The Subject line of the email sent to the Chair of the Grants and Scholarships Committee should be: Nilson Scholarship-[Applicant’s Name] (e.g. Nilson Scholarship-John Doe)
- Please provide your DILS GPA to the Chair of the Grants and Scholarships Committee if applicable. (An official transcript is not necessary.)
All application materials should be sent via email attachment to:
Librarian for Slavic and East European Studies
Wells Library E560
1320 E. 10th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405